Prep: 5 Mins
Total Time: 6 Mins
Serving: Makes 1 small jar
This pesto is so good, you’ll never notice that it’s dairy-free! The nutritional yeast adds that cheesy flavour and is a complete protein (meaning that among the 18 amino acids it contains, nine are essential ones that your body cannot produce). It has a number of additional benefits such as enhanced immunity, significant doses of iron and lots of fibre.
*To store the pesto for later, keep it in an air tight container. *
- 1/3 C fresh Mint or Cilantro, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 2 C fresh Basil, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- ½ C raw Almonds or Pine nuts or Walnuts
- ½ C Olive Oil
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth or slightly chunky according to preference.
- To serve, mix pesto together with your choice of hot or cold pasta and serve with fresh crack pepper.