Prep: 1 Min
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serving: Makes 2 Cups
Beet the winter blues and bring some colour to the table with this bright roasted beetroot hummus.
- 1 small roasted beet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 15 oz. can (1 ¾ C) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ C Olive oil
- A healthy pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190.55 C), toss the beet in 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Wrap in foil and bake in the oven for an hour. To test if it is done, stab the beet with a sharp knife and if it comes out clean – you’re good!
2. Cool the beet in the fridge until it is cold to the touch, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Once cool, cut it into small pieces to prepare for the food process.
4. Add the beet pieces, chickpeas, zest and juice of one lemon, garlic, tahini, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
5. Once smooth, keep the food processor on and slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture.
6. Season to taste with salt, pepper or lemon juice. If it is too thick, thin it out with tap water.
7. Serve with fresh veggies or crackers.
The hummus can last up to a week in the fridge, but we think you’ll love it so much, it won’t last that long!