Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
This past summer we worked with Veggemo and they gave us some products to test out. We decided to make this deliciously moist banana bread. Veggemo is the first plant milk made with potatoes, pea protein and tapioca! They offer three flavours, unsweetened, original and vanilla. For this recipe, we used the unsweetened flavour and it turned out great!
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 C butter, at room temperature (we used Earth Balance)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 3 bananas, medium sized, mashed well
- 1/4 C plant milk (we used unsweetened Veggemo)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C raisins
- 1/4 C sliced nuts of your choice (we used almonds)
- 1/4 C dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C, line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease it with butter, oil or non stick cooking spray.
- Dry Mixture – In a large bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Wet Mixture – In another bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together vegan butter, brown and white sugars. Then add the mashed bananas, vanilla and plant milk.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix in the nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes or over-night.
- Slice and enjoy 🙂