Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
When we were kids our parents use to take us to this really old Italian restaurant, which we called “the Tartufo place”. The Tartufo place was about a ten minute drive from our house but as children our perception of time was a bit skewed and it always felt like an adventure! Our favourite order was Fettuccine Alfredo and Tartufo for dessert. When we chose to no longer eat dairy, the search for a delicious plant-based Alfredo sauce similar to our childhood favourite was endless (also Tartufo but that will be saved for another day)!
This sauce came through a happy accident as we experimented with our cashew creme. Here is our no-compromise, deliciously creamy Alfredo sauce. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome, we hope you enjoy!
- 1 C serving of our cashew creme recipe
- 3 garlic cloves (we like it really garlicky)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if you like, but it should be good to go.
- Serve it with your favourite pasta dish!