Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Serving: 2 (Very easy to double and make two pizzas for 4 people)
When we first became vegan, we thought we had two choices – forego a staple or be stuck eating the cardboard vehicle for warm salad we had imagined vegans suffered through before…
Growing up, pizza night was quite the hoopla! We had tall white chef hats, crispy white aprons and a shiny pizza lifter that would raise high our custom creations. We would crank up the 90’s tracks, invite our friends and shred the cheese like we were preparing for the apocalypse. Once again, veganism surprised us, instead of giving up a staple we discovered we have so many more creative opportunities than could have ever imagined!
The ranch as the base is the perfect sauce to pair with the BBQ jackfruit. You’ll defiantly be coming back for seconds on this bad boy.
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (buy at most food stores- we used whole wheat)
- 1C of Hot For Foods Ranch Sauce
- Half to a full recipe of our BBQ Jackfruit Taco Filling
- 1/2 of a ripe Pineapple, skinned and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4C of jarred Hot Banana Peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/4C of Sun-dried Tomatoes, sliced thin
- Preheat a oven to 350F.
- Prepare your ranch sauce, prepare the jackfruit taco filling
- *Optional Step* On a barbecue or grill pan, grill the pineapple for 2-4 minutes on both sides, or until you can see the grill marks, place grilled pineapple on a plate to cool and then slice into bite size chunks, this step gives the pineapple a nice bite.
- Chop up the hot banana peppers and slice the sun-dried tomatoes
- With a soup spoon, spoon on 2-4 tablespoons of the ranch sauce onto the pizza crust, the amount you add will all depend on how large the pizza crust is.
- Add the BBQ jackfruit, pineapple, hot banana peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes, adjust to fit your preference.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until everything is hot and crispy
- Serve and enjoy!